HISTORY OF PLEASANT VALLEY NORTH BAPTIST CHURCH
160 Years and Growing…
Pleasant Valley North Baptist Church was founded by Judge Augustus R. Wright in 1849. The first structure was a brush arbor located in the current cemetery near the large magnolia tree. Growth of the congregation and the community through the years brought the need for more space several times in PVN’s history, and church members have been faithful in building or renovating the facilites each time the Lord led them to do so. New buildings were constructed in 1914 and again in 1941, with the second sanctuary being renovated and extended twice by the late 1980s. The education building was built in 1959, and expanded in 1987 to add classrooms, offices, and the fellowship hall.
God has continued to bless PVN with new members and new ministries, as well as a vision to prepare for the future. In 2006 we dedicated out current sanctuary, with a seating capacity of 700. A welcome center, additional classrooms, nurseries, choir suite, and baptistry are also housed in the new building. Our previous sanctuary has been renovated for use by our Student Ministries and Children’s Worship. God continues to do great things as we grow into the future.
PVN – 1914
PVN – 1941
PVN – 1981
PVN – 1987